Sharing the Gospel
Here at Total Breakthrough, we’re on a mission to make disciples who make disciples. That is the whole mission of being a Christ Follower. In Matthew 28:18-20 it says;
“Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
If you are are Christ follower, it is your duty to lead others to Jesus and help them unfold their walk with Him. Whatever avenue and people Jesus lead you to pour into is up to Him, but we must be open and willing to let Him lead our lives to serve for His kingdom.
Sharing Jesus is actually very simple. But unfortunately we become afraid due to many reasons. But as we pursue Him, our witness for Him will come from the overflow of our relationship with Jesus. When the Lord is pouring into our lives, we are compelled to share with others about Jesus.
Below are the steps of salvation. We want to encourage you to allow God to work in your hearts to become a evangelist in your sphere of influence. We may not all have the gifting of an evangelist, but we are all called to share Jesus with the world who desperately needs Him!
Sharing the Gospel
1. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life (1 John 4:16)
2. God is holy (1 Peter 1:16) and just (2 Thessalonians 1:6)
3. We were created holy but we became sinful (Romans 3:23)
4. Because of our sin, we deserve death (Romans 6:23)
5. It is only by God’s gift of grace that we are able to be saved (Ephesians 2:8-9)
6. Jesus who was fully God became a man (John 1:1, 14) died in our place (1 Peter 3:18; 2 Cor. 5:21, and offers forgiveness as a gift (Romans 6:23)
7. You must respond (John 1:12) by asking Christ to be your leader and forgiver (1 John 1:9, 1 Peter 3:15)
8. When you do that, Holy Spirit will transform your life (2 Cor. 5:17; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
[Sharing the Gospel; excerpt from Follow: Learning to Follow Jesus]