BABY JOEY (2 months) Prayer Answered!!!! Testimony from Amazing Christian Network Worship Service... a MUST Read!

On June 10, 2014 my sister and brother in law welcomed to this world two healthy twin baby boys Joseph and Vincent Patella. Although the twins where a month early, baby Joey was discharged at the same time as his mother, with baby Vincent following a couple weeks later. With a voracious appetite, the twins grew and developed quickly. Everything was perfect.

Early in the morning on August 26, my sister woke up to check on the twins. That's when she found two month old baby Joey's lifeless little body facedown. Her maternal instinct kicked in and she quickly picked up his lifeless little body and woke up my brother in law, who thanks to his fresh military training, immediately began administering CPR and continued to do so until the ambulance arrived. Baby Joey was rushed to the hospital where he was finally revived and placed on life support. That night he was moved to the PICU where doctors could assess the damage. It took over 48 hours for the swelling in his brain to subside before neurologist could run test to assess the damaged caused.

On the third day we were brought up to speed on what had happened and what we could expect. In most cases when a child suffocates it could be a matter of minutes before permanent brain damage can occur due to lack of oxygen. And according to the cat scan baby Joey had suffered severe global brain damage which meant his brain had been deprived of oxygen for a very long period of time. His chances of having any semblance of normality let alone survival where practically non-exsistant. Even if by some miracle he did pull through this ordeal, his parents would be raising him out of a bed with tubes going in and out of his body for the rest of his life. Because of the severe damage caused in the lower back portion of his brain, doctors where certain he would either be blind or his brain would never be able to process anything he was seeing. In essence, at best he would be a hollow shell unable to do or process anything on his own. The doctors where very confident of their diagnosis due to the amount of time that had passed, which had been three days.

Three days was more than ample time to see some progress. It was critical to see any kind of improvement within the next couple days to be able to hope for any possibility of baby Joey leaving the hospital alive. Nine days passed with no change, in fact he got worse with signs of seizures and his brain's inability to control simple tasks like breathing and regulate body temperature. The doctors together with the head neurologist of the children's hospital called a meeting with the immediate family. They informed us that because their had not been a single positive change in baby Joey's condition, they would remove all life support in three days. Their professional opinion was, that for the parents and the baby's sake, not to prolong his suffering any longer and let nature take its course. They encouraged us to come and pay our respects and say good bye to baby Joey. My sister, probably in her inability to take it all in, asked the doctors "what are his chances", to which they replied "zero chance". I remember seeing the faces of my family as many began to accept the doctors report, but there was something inside of me that kept resounding within my soul "who's report are you going to believe?" To which my response was, "I will believe the report of The Lord."

Sitting in the waiting room with my wife, two scriptures came to mind...
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. (Proverbs 18:21 NKJV) and, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. (Matthew 18:19 NKJV) With determination I have never felt before we desperately contacted all our family, friends and church to pray and believe in God's report with us. And thanks to many of you, within a few hours we had thousands of people all around the world praying and believing for a miracle. We encouraged my sister, that until a few days ago didn't believe a God existed, to start praying and declaring healing over her baby In the name of Jesus.

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26 NKJV)

The very next day, on September 5th, God showed up on the scene. After nine days of no change, baby Joey started showing miraculous improvement. His brain started to regulate his breathing and body temperature, completely it's own. And for the first time in ten days he began opening his eyes and tracking movements in front of him. After several days of breathing on his own, on September 11th, the oxygen tube was removed followed shortly after by the IV tubes. He was latching onto his bottle and feeding, something that was considered to be impossible. He defied every single prognosis the doctors had spoke over him and within a short period of time his situation completely turned around that even the doctors marveled at his rapid progress.

On September 19, baby Joey was discharged from the hospital, completely free from all assistance! A baby that was given zero chance of survival left the hospital completely healed! But the greatest miracle is still happening! For over ten years I've prayed that God would show himself in a real way and bring salvation to my family, but I doubted how he could ever accomplish such a thing. Yet he is using a six month old baby, that can't even speak yet, to show his power and love for all of us.


Haz Leo